Skip to main content

Change your Perspective!

Ever feel like no matter what you do or try, nothing seems to work out well? Or things end up in disaster? I used to feel this way about life. Unfortunately the way I viewed life at that time was pretty skewed toward the negative, so that is what I was blinded by. Thankfully things have changed!!!

What I have found most important in all situations is to ask myself questions. When I think things are not going well, I try to stop and close my eyes. Making a new mental picture of what is going on around me and then asking some important questions. For example, "Is there something I am supposed to be learning at this moment?"..."Are my expectations out of whack?"...."Am I giving this all my effort?"..."Am I quitting too early?"...."Am I allowing old "Head Trash" to get in my way?"...."Am I blowing this situation out of proportion or taking something a bit too seriously?"  No matter the situation, there are always plenty of questions you can ask yourself.

Typically after asking myself a series of question, I come to the realization that I am being impatient and not following through with whatever is going on. Sometimes I find I am allowing old "HEAD TRASH" and "Impossible Expectations" to cloud the direction I am supposed to be taking. Literally blocking my own view of the POSITIVE things that are happening right in front of my own face!!

Occasionally we are allowed to go through a bad situation to test out our new skills. I call it "refining by fire". The refining process doesn't have to be a negative one, as once you get to the end you have usually learned something really valuable and you are typically stronger for having braved the storm. Afterwards you can use the valuable lesson and info you learned to help someone else through their storm.

Sometimes we create our own bad experiences, by doing something completely by accident. You don't even know you are doing it, but your phsyce knows what you need to take care of, so you accidentally stumble into the fire! This happened to me just the other day! I held back on my feelings with a friend for a really long time, and when I went to vent to my husband (my safe person) about the situation, I accidentally sent the text directly to the person I was venting about! Yikes!!! Backlash was unleashed, and I incurred some very nasty texts in return. Before getting into a huge texting war, I had to stop and look at the situation from a different perspective. 1.) If I had been more honest with her from the start (instead of trying to protect her feelings), this would not have happened. 2.) She deserves to have time to be angry and cool off. At this point she is not willing to stop and think about what just happened. 3.) No matter the Truth behind my text, she is going to need time to process what I said. So lots of texting back and forth was not necessary on my part. I said I was sorry, and it is going to take time for her to heal 4.) I really didn't need to take what she had to say in return personally as she was angry..... Once I thought about the situation in that way, it was easier to break the cycle of getting into endless "girl drama" and trying to explain and re-explain my actions. So although this was a bad situation that I created, I was able to understand what went wrong and in the future I will be able to make better choices.

No matter what, we learn from adversity. Sometimes it take repeated experiences to get it right. Sometimes we get it right the first time.... But no matter what or how, it is important to take a step back to see the "BIG" picture. Take time to stop, think and ask yourself some questions. Learn how to BREAK the CYCLE. We don't have to live our lives on repeat of bad experiences. We just have to be prepared to take a chance and learn from our experiences, whether they are our fault or not.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get your kids to eat healthier!

The best way I know of getting the kids to eat healthier is to have them help you prepare the food! Egg muffins are a super simple meal to make, and an easy way to get the kids involved too! All you have to do is cut up your toppings, lay them aside and mix the eggs. Once you're done mixing the eggs (I recommend the adult do this if the kids are little), add the egg mixture to the muffin tin evenly, and then have the kids sprinkle in the toppings. Easy peasy! In this recipe we used 12 eggs, added 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake @ 375° for 20 minutes. I'm so proud of Miss K for helping me make these today! 💕 She did such a great job helping! And once they were done she was super excited to chow down on the fruits of her labor.

The battle is on!

Ughhh...The sickies have made it to our home!  All I want to do is run for cover or put on a gas mask and pray no one coughs, wipes their nose on me or sneezes in my face! Haahhaaa! Such wishful thinking for mommy of three! There's not even the slightest chance I won't at least get sneezed on or have someone wiping their buggers on my shirt. Hey! That’s life when you have little kids. And expecting to have beautiful tops that don’t look like condors eliminated all over them is everyone woman’s dream, but not necessarily a reality! Oh, and how I’d love to wear beautiful clothing on a regular basis. But for now, I’ll settle for my t-shirts, yoga pants and the occasional dress up moment for a special outing. Fancy clothing will have to wait for this Momma, because I don’t get a lot of time to mess around with being ultra-stylish. When I do stop to try and sort out my outfits, do my hair or brush my teeth… is usually the time my toddler or the 5 yr old start going through my

MEAL PLAN

Planning meals out ahead of time should not make you want to cross your eyes and faint at the thought! It's actually pretty simple when you think about it. It just takes a few minutes. Over time you will get better and better at it too! So the time you spend in the future on this project will be less and less. Check out my " CLEAN EATING " page for a larger view of this weeks MEAL PLAN and GROCERY LIST!! It's actually pretty simple to eat clean! This is great for people struggling with PCOS like me.