Skip to main content

Combat Day 1 &2

I know in my previous blog I was going to walk and do yoga. But I just have not been able to get out of the house, since it has been super HOT and HUMID here in Tennessee! The baby gets really hot and sweaty in her stroller, and if I go out at night we get eaten alive by mosquitoes. YIKES! I have been chomping at the bit to try Lem Mills Combat, so I decided to DO IT!! I figure I can modify as necessary and slow things down, so that I don't compromise my milk supply (still breastfeeding). It will be interesting to see what happens.

Day 1... I put disk #1 in to find out it was unreadable!! Grrrr... I called Coach Relations and their service is always great!! Whenever you buy straight from Beachbody they back everything, so I am getting my disk replaced for FREE!! In the mean time I am using some other disks that came in the set.

I went ahead and started with Combat Live 30. I enjoyed it, and it was easy to modify so that I didn't over due it. Can't get too crazy or I will burn off the calories needed to make milk for the baby. There is always a learning curve with a new program, so I did feel a little lost at times. But since it is all on DVD I can just hit rewind. I always hated being in a class full of people and getting lost in the middle of a routine, only to miss most of the instruction! So rewinding is AWESOME!!

Day 2 was HIT #1. Basically it was a strength video followed by the Stretch workout. I enjoyed both workouts. They were easy to follow and hit all my muscles nicely! The following day I could really feel that Dan and Rachel worked muscles I haven't used in a long time or EVER. LOL!! I was sore in some unusual places. The HIT workout really hit those smaller muscles, so I am happy with that. ;) Can you say, "definition"! Ya Baby!!

I look forward to the future and seeing how this program changes my body!

My biggest struggle in the beginning is always what to eat. The program comes with a lot of good options. Now I just need to get my booty to the store! So far I have been able to use most of the items in my fridge, but I do need more variety, cause I get bored easily. Thankfully I haven't gotten bored with Shakeology. There are always cool ways to mix it, so it doesn't get boring! And I just got the new Vanilla, which is SUPER Yummy!!

Oh yeah! I am also super excited that this program is not bothering my joints! In the past I have had problems with over extension, but Dan and Rachel keep your movements in check. Yay!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get your kids to eat healthier!

The best way I know of getting the kids to eat healthier is to have them help you prepare the food! Egg muffins are a super simple meal to make, and an easy way to get the kids involved too! All you have to do is cut up your toppings, lay them aside and mix the eggs. Once you're done mixing the eggs (I recommend the adult do this if the kids are little), add the egg mixture to the muffin tin evenly, and then have the kids sprinkle in the toppings. Easy peasy! In this recipe we used 12 eggs, added 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake @ 375° for 20 minutes. I'm so proud of Miss K for helping me make these today! 💕 She did such a great job helping! And once they were done she was super excited to chow down on the fruits of her labor.

The battle is on!

Ughhh...The sickies have made it to our home!  All I want to do is run for cover or put on a gas mask and pray no one coughs, wipes their nose on me or sneezes in my face! Haahhaaa! Such wishful thinking for mommy of three! There's not even the slightest chance I won't at least get sneezed on or have someone wiping their buggers on my shirt. Hey! That’s life when you have little kids. And expecting to have beautiful tops that don’t look like condors eliminated all over them is everyone woman’s dream, but not necessarily a reality! Oh, and how I’d love to wear beautiful clothing on a regular basis. But for now, I’ll settle for my t-shirts, yoga pants and the occasional dress up moment for a special outing. Fancy clothing will have to wait for this Momma, because I don’t get a lot of time to mess around with being ultra-stylish. When I do stop to try and sort out my outfits, do my hair or brush my teeth… is usually the time my toddler or the 5 yr old start going through my

MEAL PLAN

Planning meals out ahead of time should not make you want to cross your eyes and faint at the thought! It's actually pretty simple when you think about it. It just takes a few minutes. Over time you will get better and better at it too! So the time you spend in the future on this project will be less and less. Check out my " CLEAN EATING " page for a larger view of this weeks MEAL PLAN and GROCERY LIST!! It's actually pretty simple to eat clean! This is great for people struggling with PCOS like me.