Skip to main content

What is your excuse?

We all suffer from allowing our excuses to get the best of us. Whether we want to be financially fit, healthier, more consistent in our daily routines... When it comes down to attaining those things, it's often easier to allow a clever excuse to get in the way.

After giving that some thought it occurred to me how often we allow our excuses to keep us tied down and chained in our current comfort zones, which are really of no real value to us. We opt to stay in debt, over look an important opportunity or keep up our current crazy life choices...which in turn make us more insane. I am not sure why we do this to ourselves and why we find comfort in sabotaging ourselves? As I know the Almighty doesn't wish us to stay stagnant in our old way of life, or He would not provide and opportunity for change in the first place.

I have personally overlooked plenty of positive opportunities which has held me back from progress, placing myself on the the slow road, ending up isolated. Which I don't think is a very healthy choice. Do we do this out of pride? Fear of the unknown? Fear of failure? Self judgement? High expectations or comparison to others? I'm not sure, yet. Probably a little bit of all of those things.

Then I thought, what if Donald Trump or Giada came to my door and offered me a brief session to learn from them. Would I slam the door in their face? Or leap at the opportunity to hang on their every word to learn at least one morsel to improve my situation? Or better yet, what if Jesus himself ended up on my door step with an offer? Would I slam the door in his face? Well... I probably have already done that a time or two. Thankfully he is forgiving and doesn't give up on me.

Anyhow, whatever the excuses are, I think now that the important thing is to identify the excuse and then work backwards. Working to undo the excuse (negativity) process altogether would be a huge asset! After all if we spent more time thinking of all the positive things that would happen for us first, we would probably jump at more opportunities to change for the better. Change really isn't that hard after all. We just have lied to ourselves so much that we believe that change is hard. The Almighty has proved to me time and time again that change is actually pretty simple. Getting going is the hardest part of the process. Once you get going that is when everything else just starts to fall into place and blessings happen.

Praying your week is blessed with much positivity and many blessing filled with positive changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get your kids to eat healthier!

The best way I know of getting the kids to eat healthier is to have them help you prepare the food! Egg muffins are a super simple meal to make, and an easy way to get the kids involved too! All you have to do is cut up your toppings, lay them aside and mix the eggs. Once you're done mixing the eggs (I recommend the adult do this if the kids are little), add the egg mixture to the muffin tin evenly, and then have the kids sprinkle in the toppings. Easy peasy! In this recipe we used 12 eggs, added 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup tomato and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake @ 375° for 20 minutes. I'm so proud of Miss K for helping me make these today! 💕 She did such a great job helping! And once they were done she was super excited to chow down on the fruits of her labor.

The battle is on!

Ughhh...The sickies have made it to our home!  All I want to do is run for cover or put on a gas mask and pray no one coughs, wipes their nose on me or sneezes in my face! Haahhaaa! Such wishful thinking for mommy of three! There's not even the slightest chance I won't at least get sneezed on or have someone wiping their buggers on my shirt. Hey! That’s life when you have little kids. And expecting to have beautiful tops that don’t look like condors eliminated all over them is everyone woman’s dream, but not necessarily a reality! Oh, and how I’d love to wear beautiful clothing on a regular basis. But for now, I’ll settle for my t-shirts, yoga pants and the occasional dress up moment for a special outing. Fancy clothing will have to wait for this Momma, because I don’t get a lot of time to mess around with being ultra-stylish. When I do stop to try and sort out my outfits, do my hair or brush my teeth… is usually the time my toddler or the 5 yr old start going through my

MEAL PLAN

Planning meals out ahead of time should not make you want to cross your eyes and faint at the thought! It's actually pretty simple when you think about it. It just takes a few minutes. Over time you will get better and better at it too! So the time you spend in the future on this project will be less and less. Check out my " CLEAN EATING " page for a larger view of this weeks MEAL PLAN and GROCERY LIST!! It's actually pretty simple to eat clean! This is great for people struggling with PCOS like me.